Re: Intel notebooks for needy developers in developing countries

la, 2005-12-10 kello 10:39 +0100, Daniel Baumann kirjoitti:
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> > We (Debian developers and contributors) certainly all agree on this
> > (or, at least, the vast majority of us).
>
> Why then being so complicated? If there is a candidate in a country
> doomed by US export laws, 'export' the notebook first to someone other
> and ship if afterwards to Cuba.

If the US law enforcement people learn about it, they will quite
probably interpret it as an attempt to circumvent US laws, and act
accordingly. That's a pretty fair interpretation, of course, since that
is exactly what is going on.

I don't like those laws, but publically urging people to violate them
isn't going to do anyone any good.

--
(def (reverse items) (accumulate (fn (so-far x) (cons x so-far)) nil
items))