Re: buildd administration

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:40:17AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> I started my implication in the project four years ago. For four years,
>> there have been problems with keyring maintenance and buildd
>> administration.
>
> What problems are there today with buildd administration, please?

One obvious problem is that there is no documented contact address (just
search for "buildd" on http://www.debian.org/intro/organization).  One
has to know by some magic who is responsible for which architecture.

One recent example where I had problems with buildd administration is

http://bugs.debian.org/340279

First mail to rmurray@debian.org (which is the addres on the buildd
logs) on Nov. 22, mail to debian-admin with Cc to debian-hppa on the
same day, a mail to debian-admin with further information on Nov 25, one
more on Nov 27.  No visible reaction whatsoever, just the problems went
away.  Either someone fixed the buildd.  If this has happened, he should
have told us that we need not wait for the debug info we requested, but
instead can close the RC bug on our package (or not, we don't know what
the reason was).  Or the problem went away by itself.  In the latter
case, I must assume it was a hardware problem, and it's only a question
of time until the next package fails, and of some more time until sarti
becomes unavailable completely.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster