Re: package name changes in atlas-cpp (was Re: library renaming due to changed libstdc++ configuration)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 08:08:15PM +0100, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> Well, I will try to revert the change, no problem. But even for
> libatlas-cpp-0.6 there was a soname change (if you see this bugreport about
> the rename of libatlas-cpp-0.5) and there was no need to rename
> libatlas-cpp-0.6 because the soname change was introduced by a new upstream
> source.
>
> When I got the merge report into my hands for libatlas-cpp-0.6, there was no
> renaming in rev 1, so I had to add c2a as soname change. I just saw too late,
> that there was a rev 2 of this package, and in this rev a renaming was made.
>
> At the time of the merge, I was right. There is now a difference between
> ubuntu and debian. I'm sorry for that, but I don't change it right now. If
> there is a new upstream of atlas-cpp, we can try to bring the two packages
> again in sync.

Sorry for the trouble I made. My fault to not correctly reread the
transition mail again before doing the actual transition of atlas-cpp.
It's clearly my bug. What shall I do now? Rename the binary packages
again? Wait for a new upstream version (0.6.0) which changes the SONAME
again? 0.6.0rc2 is already out.

Cheers,
Michael