Re: ITP: ladder.app -- GNU Go frontend for GNUstep

Hello Robert,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 07:31:21AM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:59:07PM +0100, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> > It uses gnugo as its
> > engine and you must have a recent version of gnugo installed in order to run
> > it.
> This statement is unnecessary.  You use dependencies to specify that.

I think that the use of gnugo is a significant piece of information
about the package.  When selecting a program to play Go against you
would want to know what opponent (playing strength/style/...) you
will be facing.  It would be awkward to find this from the dependency
list and thus should be in the package description.

All the best,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/