Re: Spliting packages between pkg and pkg-data

Scripsit Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>

> Actualy I would love to have the naming policy set in stone and
> frontends filter for them. There is no reason to list foo-data in the
> package list but only foo. The frontends can do a simple check: if
> ($PKG depends on $PKG-data) then hide $PKG-data.

I think that using debtags (special::auto-inst-parts) is a better way
of doing this than trying to cram even more information coding into
the package namespace than we already have.

--
Henning Makholm                                  "The bread says TOAAAAAST."