Re: Building windows versions of debian packages

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 02:30:12PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a few packages that can build mingw32 cross-compile packages,

I use the mingw debian package to crosscompile openssl, gnutls, zlib,
expat, gpg-error and curl... but I use ad-hoc scripts (the ones that use
a recent autotool based build system are easy to crosscompile, while
other have ad-hoc makefiles like openssl)

> Offhand, my approach would be similar to this:
>
> 2. Create separate package repository. There is no sane reason such
> packages should go into the main distribution now.

mh... I do not completely agree... I think a separate repo should be
the way to start... but at the end I would like to see these packages
in debian... the best developing environment (not only the best OS).

If you want to start this nice "project"...
I can help a bit

ciao
--
Enrico Tassi