Re: mixing different upstream sources in one package

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 12:27:33PM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> impediments (like licensing problems), do people generally think that
> it's reasonable to do this even if the other packages aren't really
> part of the upstream package?  If so, are there usual mechanisms for
> doing this?  What about version numbers?

NIS does this.  The minor version number of the package is bumped every
time one or more of the upstream packages are upgraded (which causes a
new orig.tar.gz) and the major version is bumped when something
substantial enough to make that seem like a good idea happens.