Re: library renaming due to changed libstdc++ configuration

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 07:34:58PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Matthias Klose a écrit :
> > * Once dependencies are fulfilled for all architectures, request
> >   binNMU's for all other packages depending on a library package with
> >   a changed package name.
> >   If a source upload is necessary for other fixes, wait as well until
> >   dependencies are fulfilled for all architectures.

> I don't know who will handle those binNMU, but would it be possible to
> have, during the period of the transition, a list of the packages that
> have been currently binNMUed? That would help the unofficial ports to
> follow the transition. This is true at least for kfreebsd-i386, but I
> think that is also the case for amd64, armeb, m32r, hurd-i386 (even if
> it is in the archive, the w-b database is not hosted by Debian).

> I propose a list on wiki.debian.org, but maybe there is a better solution.

Given that anyone with wanna-build access for an arch can fire off a binNMU,
I don't know if it's feasible to provide a comprehensive list; but I've
already been asked about keeping the amd64 maintainers in the loop, so I can
commit to putting the information I have somewhere public.  Let's make it
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/~vorlon/transition-binnmus.txt> rather than
the wiki, a wiki would be overkill.