Re: getting unstable lintian & linda into stable

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:28:31PM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:

[...]

> So what about a special exception which provides updated
> lintian & linda packages for the stable distribution?
> Is it technical possible? I mean becaused it should be
> fixed.

That's imho wrong idea because of at least one very important reason.

Let's say that policy of unstable has changed and now it is required to put
some kind of binaries in /foo/bar/, and lintian warns if you're going to
put them in other place. It's possible that stable distribution even
doesn't contain /foo/bar/ directory or some other needed tool which are now
required in unstable.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland