Re: Closing bugs bevore the upload is available

Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@Ethgen.de> writes:

> Today I did a update of the system (yes, sid and yes I know it can be
> unstable but...) and the update includes grep where no open critical bug
> was seen. After Boot the system was completely broken as of the libpcre
> dependency.
>
> So please do not close bugs bevore it is available on servers. This
> break of the system musn't be.

Sorry, but this is standard Debian practice.  Unstable is unstable.
Bugs are closed when the fix is uploaded.

My system wasn't completely broken; I simply booted single user,
diagnosed the problem, and copied the shared libraries into /lib.  In
a day or so the fixed grep will be uploaded, and I can delete the
copied libraries.

Thomas