Re: Request: Source for parts of GNU/Solaris

* Andy Teijelo Pérez:

> El Martes, 8 de Noviembre de 2005 1:11, Thomas Bushnell BSG escribió:
>> "Erast Benson" <erast@gnusolaris.org> writes:
>> > I understand your concern. We will release ISO image with CDDL/GPL
>> > sources very soon. Majority of them already available at /apt. The rest
>> > is comming.
>>
>> Once again, delete the binaries *now*.
>
> Please! Could you give the man a break?
> I agree with you that they're not fullfilling every little drop of ink in the
> GPL and that's not acceptable, but, man, please, let them work. It's ok to
> point them their mistake, but let them fix it.

They began distributing binaries to a large audience *after* they were
notified of the problems.  This gives the impression that they don't
care about GPL compliance, and want to gain publicity *now*,
exploiting the "GNU" and "Solaris" trademarks.