Re: real-i386

Hi,

Bastian Venthur wrote:

What I'd really like to know rightnow is whether i386 *is* the wrong therm
for the x86 (or IA32) arch or not. If not then Debian could stick to this
name, but if so I think Debian just delays the problem for a few years.

In fact, there are efforts underway to allow architecture switches on existing systems, to allow for e.g. an i386 installation to be migrated to amd64.

I propose that everyone offended by the "i386" architecture name shall help those efforts or shut up. Talking about problems that are only technical in nature will not make them go away.

   Simon