Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Thursday 03 November 2005 20.51, Erast Benson wrote:
> HW vendors will *never* open their IP in
> drivers.

Ok, this becomes a bit OT here, but let me just remark that Linux today
supports a *lot* of hardware, and that quite a few drivers (some RAID
controllers, Intel SATA stuff, most of the S/390 and a lot of the HPPA
stuff, I'm sure there's more) are actually actively supported by hardware
vendors.  So you seem to live in a parallel universe at least to some
degree.

-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *