Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > <dpkg hat>
> > As for relicensing it, fuck off.  I need to find a ClueBat(tm) attachment for
> > the Sodomotron 2000.
> > </dpkg hat>
>
> ...which could certainly have been written:
>
> <dpkg hat>
> As one of the dpkg authors, I do not intent to relicence it.
> </dpkg hat>
>
> I actually don't really see a reason for being so aggressive verbally
> with someone we (you) disagree with. Erast Benson has been polite all
> along this thread and I'm afraid that the above sentence can only help
> many people reading the thread to keep convinced that Debian people
> still need to grow up a little.

This might be true; however, one needs to look past all the sweet talk and
honey, at the meat of the matter.  For this situation, there were very obvious
and apparent attempts at at misconception of the debian populace, in an
attempt to win favor.

If I had my druthers, I'd almost say this was a hoax.

It is in these situations, that one needs to see what is actually happening,
and get the evildoer to leave as quickly as possible; feeding with honey words
does not tend to have that effect.