Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program]

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:17 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Erast Benson <erast@gnusolaris.org> writes:
> > World is changed since then, and today we have Nexenta OS. This forces
> > community to re-think/re-work all these CDDL vs. GPL issues.
> You seem to be saying that if a bunch of people are already violating
> the GPL, we are "forced" to do something other than start enforcing
> it.

Apparently you misunderstood me.
All I'm saying is that Debian community might want to embrace
GNU/Solaris non-glibc port or reject it. To embrace, some core
components, like dpkg, should be dual-licensed CDDL/GPL.

CDDL will not allow to create proprietary dpkg without forcing
proprietary workers to open up their changes back to the community. So,
it is practically what GPL does.