Re: more tolerant licensing for Debian infrastructure

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Dalibor Topic wrote:

They can't have deliberately chosen the GPL to be incompatible with a DFSG-(non?)compliant CDDL for two reasons:

I was not specifically referring to the CDDL. There are other non-GPL compatible free software licenses.

I strongly agree that if the CDDL is non-DFSG free then we should not make any compromises. If however it or any other otherwise DFSG-compliant license is merely GPL incompatible then we (or rather they who hold copyright) ought to consider it. That's all I'm saying.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>