Bug#337153: ITP: linsmith -- a Smith charting program, mainly designed for educational use.
Owner: Margarita Manterola <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : linsmith
Version : 0.9.1
Upstream Author : John Coppens
* URL : http://jcoppens.com/soft/linsmith/index.en.php
* License : GPL
Description : a Smith charting program, mainly designed for educational use.
linSmith is a Smith Charting program, mainly designed for educational use.
As such, there is an emphasis on capabilities that improve the 'showing
the effect of'-style of operation.
It's main features are:
* Definition of multiple load impedances (at different frequencies)
* Addition of discrete (L, C, parallel and series LC, and transformer)
and line components (open and closed stubs, line segments)
* Connection in series and parallel
* Easy experimentation with values using scrollbars
* A 'virtual' component switches from impedance to admittance to help
explaining (or understanding) parallel components
* The chart works in real impedances (not normalized ones)
* Direct view of the result on the screen
* Ability to generate publication quality Postscript output
* A 'log' file with textual results at each intermediate step
* Load and circuit configuration is stored separately, permitting several
solutions without re-defining the other