Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

Scripsit Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>
> Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>

>> This is a reasonable concern, but the standing policy is that if a package
>> is RC-buggy, it's a candidate for removal from testing at any time.

> The fact that "it is a candidate for removal" is a completely
> different state from "it _has_ been removed". I don't see how you can
> suppose that the difference is not important for maintainers.

Calm down, Henning ... view this as an opportunity to contribute
rather than a reason to complain.

So, would anybody object if I set up a cronjob that emails the PTS
whenever a (source) package propagates to, or is removed from, testing?

--
Henning Makholm                           "I always thought being *real* sad
                                        would be *cooler* than acting *fake*