Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

* Miles Bader:

> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
>>> There are people in this world who can read and program PostScript.
>>
>> Sure, and it's the preferred form of modifcation for removing
>> ink-wasting background images from Powerpoint presentations, but: This
>> is not the kind of modifcation I'm talking about.  Imagine you have to
>> update the documentation to include an additional paragraph.
>
> You don't quite seem to be grokking the concept of Postscript as a
> source language.

I don't care about the cases where Postscript is used as a source
language.  I've seen in some cases, sure, but it was artwork, and not
documentation extending over several pages.

I care about dvips output where we do not have the original source
file (a LaTeX document).  Or PDF files which come from Word documents
which aren't publicly available.  Is this so hard to understand?

Discussing the "what is source code?" aspect is certainly a nice way
to sidestep the pretty much relevant question whether such issues
should be RC bugs for etch.