Re: Can we just finish the C++ transition for crying out loud?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 11:22:38AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

> > Kudos to the people who are holding back on new depdendency-bumping uploads
> > until this enormous clog makes it into testing.  Can the rest of you
> > please make a serious effort?

> > If your package is caught up in the clog -- don't make a new upload.  That's
> > the best way to ensure that things will go more slowly.  :-P

> Can I make a suggestion?  How about we set things up so that the
> release managers can prevent kadie from accepting uploads to packages
> that are in the tangle, so that only the release managers are allowed
> to do so?

No, I don't think trying to track down all the loose ends of a transition
this large, and then turning my inbox into a 24x7 request line for upload
exceptions, is an improvement over the current process.  For that matter, I
doubt anyone would have thought to block gcc-4.0 from being uploaded anyway,
so the mess would be the same, but with more busy work for the release
team...