Re: Packages file missing from unstable archive

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 04:47:21PM -0700, Ian Bruce wrote:
> As explained, I wish to use rsync (or preferably, zsync) to update the
> local packages list; repeatedly downloading the 3.6MB "Packages.gz" file
> over a 56kb/s link is highly undesirable. I am unable to understand why
> this ambition is considered to be unreasonable.

as joey already said, the index diff stuff is the way to go (it's also
more efficient than rsync). if you can't use apt-get from experimental,
there is also a script by aba and a c implementation by me that you can
both get from http://www.semistable.com/files. in the script you should
replace "ed" with "red", the c implementation hasn't been touched in a
while and i don't know how well it works now

cu  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com