Re: Status of libpng transition

> I wonder, when latest wxwindows2.4 packages will be moved to testing.
<snip>
As soon as subversion and rapidsvn are fixed and subversion gets into testing.

Currently wxwindows2.4 is held up only because the new version breaks the old
rapidsvn, and the new rapidsvn depends on new subversion (and has a related RC
bug).  Also the new subversion has an unsolved RC bug, and is waiting for the
new perl.  :-P

I have suggested removing rapidsvn from testing to let the rest of the
wxwindows2.4 packages in.  So far the release team has not felt that it was
worth it (presumably they think there are more users who would be hurt by
removing rapidsvn from testing than are hurt by waiting for new
wxwindows2.4).  Feel free to convince them otherwise.

> I know that a libpng transition is happening currently and I assume
> that there is some manual intervention necessary.  So I guess I missed
> some piece of information here.  Yould somebody please enlighten me
> about the planned time scale of the libpng tranistion?
As noted, wxwindows2.4 isn't actually waiting for the libpng transition.  :-)

But since you asked, the libpng transition is waiting for the readiness of a
large cluster of GNOME 1 packages culminating in gnucash, and will probably
go in as soon as gnucash is ready.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

"(Instead, we front-load the flamewars and grudges in
the interest of efficiency.)" --Steve Lanagasek,