Re: what to do with iputils (ping, etc)

Hi,

Noah Meyerhans schrieb:

> Hypothetical networking features that may be added to Linux in the
> future.  As I've said, I do not believe any existing features will need
> to be removed in order to remove the linux specific bits of this
> package.

Well, I think it would be acceptable to stop building this package on
non-Linux architectures, as there is a suitable alternative available,
and upstream's stance seems to be that these are meant as tools
supporting a particular kernel instead of generic tools.

It will be hard enough to keep it working with older kernel versions,
which is something upstream should understand (if he doesn't, he will
get less testing as the latest iputils will end up in experimental).

   Simon