Re: a few tips on proper use of version tracking in the Debian BTS

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 01:44:38AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Closing without a version header retains the traditional semantics of
> marking the bug closed in all versions.

Two questions:
1) once a bug as been closed - erroneously I would say - mailing
   nnn-done@bugs.debian.org without the "Version:" pseudo header, is
   there a way to push the version information to the bts?
2) AFAICT the bts parses changelog to understand in which version a
   given bug has been closed. Assume that the version of package p in
   unstable is x and that I upload version x+2, with two entries in the
   changelog one for x+1 and for for x+2. Entry x+1 has a closes:#nnn
   entry. Is this enough for the bts or do I need to mail it as well?

Many TIA,
Cheers.