Re: gpl vs openssl again

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 11:56:15AM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On 10/18/05, sean finney <seanius@debian.org> wrote:
>> [1] please don't file an rc bug against my package for my having mentioned
>>    this... i've recently adopted it and would like to see the 30 some odd
>>    bugfixes make it into testing.

> Isn't it possible to tell the BTS the RC bug also applies to the
> version already in testing such that it doesn't prevent new versions
> that didn't fix the RC bug yet from reaching testing?

Not automatically, as I understand it. You either need to inform
-release that the bug needs ignoring for testing propagation, or wait
for full BTS version support to be implemented in britney, at which
point the dist-tags in the BTS become informative, and auto-generatable.

(I could be wrong, but I'm -pretty sure- that was how it was explained
to me)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/