Re: [Fwd: major problem with gnome-games dependency]

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 11:48:54AM +0200, David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Well, the problem is the widespread misuse of Recommends and Depends.
> People have a tendency to use Depends where a Recommends would be
> enough, and a Recommends where a Suggests would do the trick.
>
> And until this is corrected, a lot of us won't enable default
> installation of Recommendations, simply because our systems get
> unnecessarily bloated.

  I was going to dispute this, but then I took a look at packages held
on my system by Recommends alone.  It's not pretty.

  muttprint recommends slrn?  tetex-bin recommends texi2html??
w3m-el recommends wv???  And that's just the first three packages I
looked at!

  Daniel