Re: [Fwd: major problem with gnome-games dependency]

Hello.

Joe Smith:

> In other words recommendations mean: "This package does not actually
> NEED the listed packages, but it is unlikely you will want to install
> this package without the listed package."

Given that auto-pulling in of recommendations is the first thing I turn
off in aptitude after system installs - is there a simple way of telling
aptitude 'hey, I changed my mind, mark all packages recommended by the
currenly installed packages up for installation'?

I wonder how many extra packages I'd have to install to 'catch up'.

Cheers,
-- Shot (who wondered one day why timidity won't play MIDI files,
        only to discover there's a Recommends: freepats dependency)
--
        I'll tell you what war is about. You've got to kill people, and
        when you've killed enough they stop fighting.   -- Curtis LeMay