Re: Debian Installer build problem

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:36:27AM +0100, João Silva wrote:
> Hi, recently i'm trying to rebuild de debian installer. The current built
> i'm working is 20050317.
> First when a i try to build the original package, it gives-me an error that
> doesn't have
> the slang1-utf8-pic.

You *must* do either one of the following:

  * Build the sarge version of debian-installer against the sarge
    archive. For the moment, this involves setting 'SUITE ?= sarge' in
    build/config/common; if there is ever another upload of
    debian-installer to sarge, we'll fix this.

  * Build the SVN trunk of debian-installer (or the version in unstable)
    against the unstable archive.

You *cannot* build the sarge version of debian-installer against the
unstable archive; it sounds as if that's what you're trying to do.

Cheers,