Re: localhost.localdomain

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 03:17:53PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> IIRC leafnode complains about "localhost.localdomain" refusing to suck
> news unless you manually specify a domainname in its configuration file.
> Maybe you remember that trouble?

> Still, I've ever considered that an issue with leafnode, not of
> "localhost.localdomain".

It's complaining because upstream wishes to strongly encourage users to
configure things so that they have a globally unique hostname part to
message IDs that are generated by Leafnode in order to minimise the risk
of collisions.  It will do the same thing for a few other things that
look like default or incomplete configurations.