Re: Accepted aptitude 0.3.4-1 (source all i386)

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [051002 05:57]:
> >      - The password database is used instead of $HOME to determine where
> >        aptitude's configuration file goes, so people using sudo don't end up
> >        with root-owned mode 0700 files in their home directory.
> >        (Closes: #272429, #274216, #285334, #272409)
>
> Well, aptitude and debconf both it seems. Which suggests to me this is a
> larger problem. Also note that I got just as many bugs reports after I
> made debconf do this as I was able to close by doing it. :-/

This is not really a larger problem, but just a problem in sudo.
Using getpwuid to get the home-directory is compareable to hard-coding
/root. (Hardcoding /root is even a bit cleaner, as it might not lure
people into using it when not working around bugs in sudo).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link