Re: Advices needed for moving {add|remove}-shell from passwd to debianutils

[Christian Perrier]
> The goal is having a system which always has the two utilities...and
> of course avoid the removal of passwd (debianutils is Essential while
> passwd isn't).

passwd effectively is Essential because bash depends on it.  So I'm
pretty sure you don't have to worry about it being removed.

Just coordinate two uploads to happen in the same dinstall cycle:

  shadow 1:4.0.12-6 where passwd Depends: debianutils (>= 2.15)
  debianutils 2.15 Conflicts and Replaces: passwd (<< 1:4.0.12-6)

I think the passwd versioned dep on debianutils will have to stay until
etch is released.

Peter