Re: /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/ --- Why ­­/etc ?

la, 2005-09-24 kello 14:56 +0200, Josselin Mouette kirjoitti:
> As many people already complained about the size
> of /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults, the default settings are in the
> process to be moved to /var/lib/gconf/defaults.

I don't have any particular understanding of gconf uses the defaults
file, so please forgive me if this is a silly question: is /var the
correct location for the defaults file? It should never change (unless
the package is updated), right? Wouldn't
/usr/share/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults be better?