Re: lyx

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> lyx is one of the lingering packages that uses libqt3-mt but hasn't
> been rebuilt with the new versions.  What is the current NMU policy
> for such packages?

At this point in time?  Do it if you are up to it, and it can even be 0-day
if you're sure you did it right.

>From memory, lyx is a major mess that FTBFS with gcc4 in very horripilant
ways, uses yada, and is otherwise NMU-unfriendly IMHO.  But it has been some
time since I tried to build it.

It is also outdated (1.3.6 is available upstream since July, 16th).  Maybe
the new upstream version has better code and will compile cleanly with gcc
4.

IMHO lyx really needs new extra blood maintaining it, and maybe even to be
repackaged from scratch.  Sorry, I do not have enough time to tack such a
major cleanup in such a complex application right now, or I'd be offering
myself (I like lyx a lot and use it for my texts as much as I can).

  Henrique Holschuh