Failed to build openmotif for sparc (Was: Any reason why libmotif3 vanished forSparc)

Hi,

my question why the sparc port for openmotif vanished was more or less ignored
and thus I guessed there is no real reason except that nobody cares.  So I tried
my best to fix this.

  1. Failed to compile on vore.

      tille@vore:~$ dchroot unstable
      (unstable)tille@vore:~$ apt-get source libmotif-dev
        --> I got only version 2.2.3-1.1 despite the latest version
            is 2.2.3-1.2
        --> wget *.dsc and *.diff.gz of 2.2.3-1.2
      (unstable)tille@vore:~$ dpkg-source -x openmotif_2.2.3-1.2.dsc
      (unstable)tille@vore:~$ cd openmotif-2.2.3/
      (unstable)tille@vore:~$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -ktille@debian.org
      (unstable)tille@vore:~/openmotif-2.2.3$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -ktille@debian.org
      dpkg-buildpackage: source package is openmotif
      dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.2.3-1.2
      dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
      dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture sparc
      dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: byacc
      dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
      dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)

    According to my (limited) knowledge I would now have to ask administrators
    to install byacc on vore.  So I tried another approach.

  2. Try pbuilder on my Sparc machine

      --> This resulted in #329747 against pbuilder

Sorry for crossposting.  Any hint which would be the more appropriate list
for this boring issue would be welcome.  Please CC me if you are going to post
to debian-sparc only (which would be fine for me).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

For the record I quote my initial mail from three weeks ago to debian-devel: