Re: Apps linked with old libstdc++ dlopening modules linked with the new one

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 12:12:13PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:31:55PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > <short summary>
> > Applications linked with libstdc++5 and using GTK segfault when using
> > SCIM[1] as input method, and neither GTK nor SCIM nor the apps seem to
> > be to blame.
> > </short summary>
> Can you provide a full backtrace here?  At least for drgeo, it seems
> that the only symbols it uses from libstdc++5 are new and delete, and as
> all symbols exported by libstdc++5 and libstdc++6 are versioned it
> shouldn't matter *which* symbols are used, the application should still
> be segfault-proof on this point.

Please find attached the backtraces and edited straces of oowriter,
epiphany and drgeo.

Note: oowriter and epiphany crash during startup, while drgeo crashes
when I click on "Create new text" or "Create new geometrical figure".

To reproduce it I just reinstalled scim and scim-chewing, then run
'scim' in a terminal: the scim control applet should appear in the GNOME
notification area.  Then you can run those apps and see them crash.

Ciao,

Enrico