Re: wnpp situation

Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> writes:

> Hi!
>
> * Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> [050913 02:46]:
> [ long RFPs ]
>> Or don't even open RFP bugs in the first place because they're
>> thoroughly useless?
>
> Do you have a proposal for a better way on how our users can request /
> suggest software to be packaged?

Considering Debian already seems to have virtually everything in the
free software universe, I don't see much of a need to support user
requests at all.  Given the size of the developer population, if there
is something out there that hasn't been packaged yet, and it's even
remotely interesting, it will be packaged soon.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.