Re: http://www.debian.org/security/

I am having the same problem with a sources.list file that reads as follows

#deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main

deb ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian stable main contrib non-free

#deb ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/debian/debian-security stable updates

deb http://security.debian.org stable updates

The errors I am seeing in console when attempting to apt-get update are listed below as well

Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates Packages

  404 Not Found

Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/main Packages

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/main Release

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/contrib Packages

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/contrib Release

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/non-free Packages

Hit ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au stable/non-free Release

Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

Reading Package Lists... Done

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://security.debian.org stable/updates Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Thanks

Aaron Fisher