Re: insighttoolkit2 is now available

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Guanglei Xiong wrote:

Andreas Tille wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, bear wrote:

dh_shlibdeps -a
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg8.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkzlib.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg8.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg12.so not recognized
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libitkjpeg16.so not recognized

This toolkit chooses cmake mainly because it is portable to M$ Windows.

Thanks for the explanation.  I was not aware that libtool is not portable.

I think .a libraries are not necessary. Because .so libraries can be used in the development of applications based on this toolkit.

Please see

  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#id4747942

Besides, a similar package vtk in debian do the same thing.

Well, it does not really convince me that other examples exist.  IMHO the
static libraries are useful for debugging purpose but people her on this
list might be able to explain this in more detail.

Yes. They helps the cmake to do further configuration to ITK.

OK, this makes sense.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--