Re: curl situation is intolerable

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 10:21:51PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

>> There should be TWO libcurls, with DIFFERENT names, and then
>> applications can simply link against whichever one they want, instead
>> of the current approach, which totally breaks, violates policy, and
>> doesn't really help much of anyone.

> I really need to support your request.

I agree (and had already suggested such) but it seems to have been
ignored out of hand. Hence my later suggestion, which is suboptimal
buts seems to be verbose enough to not be ignored. ^_^

Unless I missed something earlier in my search for users of those callbacks, or
the gnuTLS support in libcurl is broken (apart from not supporting the
callbacks which are the root of this discussion) I don't see why gnuTLS cannot
be just slipped in underneath libcurl with no packages the wiser.

gnuTLS has versioned symbols, right?

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/