Re: migrating wiki content from twiki (w.d.net) to moinmoin (w.d.org)

* Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> [2005-09-05 10:04:54]:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 01:34:29AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > The wiki markup languages of twiki and moin-moin are not
> > compatible. Still it would be nice to have some content moved
> > from the old .net wiki to the new .org one.
>
> This is the first I've heard of plans for a wiki under the official
> domain, and I haven't seen any discussion about moin-moin either.
> Could you please point me at the relevant discussion so I can play
> catch-up?

as far as i know there was no discussion about that, and it is
not just a plan anymore.

And i actually welcome that, since it most likely would be a
rehash of all the "my favourit wiki is better then yours!" and
"it has notification, it is insecure, it is written in php, it is
not in python, ...". I have wittnessed only two such discussions
so far, and those two still have not agreed on a solution but are
stalled, still.

on the frontpage of the new wiki it says that DavidRichardBell
works on a migration of the content now. (anyone has his email,
so that he could coordinate with others?) I am quite happy with
that solution so far.