Re: mesag3 <-> xlibmesa-gl / libgl1-mesa-dri <-> xlibmesa-dri / libglu1-mesa <-> libglu1-xorg

[ Moving to pkg-mesa-devel, please follow up there only ]

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 11:12 -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 05:30:52PM -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
>  > I tried building from SVN:
>  >
>  > [...]
>  > mkdir -p debian/stamp/ && touch debian/stamp/target-gl-debian-debug
>  > dh_testdir
>  > chmod +x debian/shadowtree
>  > rm -f -rf build/gl-debian-debug-i386
>  > debian/shadowtree build/gl-debian-debug-i386
>
>  Ah, sorry about that.
>
>  I reworked a few parts of debian/rules and forgot to take the optimized
>  builds into account.
>
>  It's fixed now.

Indeed, thanks. However, building the i8* drivers doesn't make much
sense on powerpc, how about something like the attached patch?

Also, I think the mach64 (and possibly r300) driver(s) should be in a
separate package with a strong warning about the security risks. For
mach64, the DRI support in the DDX won't be enabled by default in the
foreseeable future anyway.

>  > >  I just need to know if they work fine with the current X server in
>  > >  unstable or if I need to wait for the 6.9 X server.
>  >
>  > FWIW, we generally try to preserve backwards compatibility, so they
>  > *should* work with the X server in sid. The r200 driver from Mesa CVS
>  > certainly works here, although I'm not using the DDX driver from
>  > xserver-xorg either. :)
>
>  Ok, I'll try that on the hardware I have (i815 I think).

The drivers don't seem to get linked against libdrm, so its symbols are
unresolved. The r200 driver works fine with
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libdrm.so.1 though.