Re: Spam on this list

On Thursday 01 September 2005 06:42 pm, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 11:11:30AM -0700, Allyn, MarkX A wrote:
> > I have also noticed tickets submitted to the bug facility that are
> > spam. Can that facility be configured so that if the format (package
> > name, version, etc) is not followed; the bug will not be emailed out
> > to the lists?
>
> That's exactly how it's configured for initial bug submissions, but
> people don't typically include a pseudo-header in follow-up mails to
> existing bugs so it isn't really practical to configure it that way for
> all bug mail.

I was thinking this same thing, but then I realized that people *would*
include a pseudo-header for follow-up mails if it were documented that this
were necessary to get past the spam filters.  If I'm not mistaken,
reportbug already includes pseudo-headers for follow-up mails.  And, we
could even whitelist the bug submitter and the maintainer just to make it
easier for the two most likely to comment.

Josh