Re: an idea for patch of the /etc/init.d/rc script

Hi,

you might have a look at

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-initng/

http://initng.thinktux.net/index.php/Main_Page

Its still in experimental state, but IMHO basically does what
you want.

Best Regards,

	Andreas

Delian Delchev wrote:
[...]
The advantage is that the boot procedure goes real faster. In my case
it goes from 30 seconds to less than 10. The only disadvantage is
that error messages in some cases goes out of order. But I believe it
is fixable. That was a problem (a little, but existing) in the
previous boot system too. That patch works fine for me, and I hope it
will be included in the unstable distribution. Can somebody says an
opinion and what I have to do, to publish that patch?

--
Andreas Fester
mailto:andreas@littletux.net