Re: Accepted fam 2.7.0-8 (source i386)

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
>> For more information see:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00007.html
> This reference doesn't help with the question of libraries that use
> C++ internally but don't expose a C++ interface.

You are absolutely right about that.  However, like vorlon, I had
trouble remembering where the original discussion took place, so I
supplied this link instead.

If you inspect libfam.so.0.0.0 with readelf, you will see that it
technically does export some C++ symbols.  However, since none of those
symbols are documented as part of the fam API, changes in those symbols
should be pretty harmless.

--
Chuan-kai Lin
http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~cklin/