Re: Accepted fam 2.7.0-8 (source i386)

* Aurelien Jarno [Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:09:06 +0200]:

> >Changes:
> > fam (2.7.0-8) unstable; urgency=low
> > .
> >   * Acknowledge NMU (closes: #317700, #317839)
> >   * Make libfam0 Provides libfam0c102

> I am afraid you can't do that. libfamc2 does NOT provide
> the same interface as libfam, so they are both incompatible.

Small story:

  I'm sitting next to Isaac Clerencia, and he just said to me re this
  thread: "if it had been you who made the upload, Aurelien wouldn't
  have asked this question". And I went like, "Huh, why?", and he
  answered, "Because you're oh-so-verbose in changelogs".

  And well, he has a point. Putting in the changelog, when appropriate,
  the _reasoning_ behind a change is as useful as the change itself. So
  I'd like to encourage maintainers to think, when describing an
  important change, "is there something else I could/should mention
  here?"

  Changelog entries that make other developers go like, "huh, wtf?", and
  force them to investigate a bit are, IMHO, a bad thing.

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about.
                -- Philippe Schnoebelen