Re: Closing bugs in BTS

* Steinar H. Gunderson [Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:03:03 +0200]:

> BTW, does the BTS understand that the package might "fork"? Specifically, if
> I have a bug in a sarge package (say, 1.0) that is fixed in an upstream
> version 1.2, but is backported to sarge (because it's an RC bug), can I say
> that it's also closed in 1.0+sarge1, or will that confuse the BTS, when etch
> has 1.1 and I want to keep the bug open?

  It'll work, as per Colin's explanations that the versioning tracking
  in the BTS does not use a naive approach "if v2 > v1, every fix in v1
  is present in v2". The changelogs are feeded to and parsed by the BTS,
  and a tree of versions is composed; if certain version X is not
  descendant of a version where the bug was marked as fixed, the bug
  will be open for that version X.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.