Re: vancouver revisited

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:21:00AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:16:47AM +0200, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> > > This means 2 or 3?

> > No, it says at most 2 buildds must be able to keep up by themselves.
> > And that at least 1 extra buildd must be available.

> No, it says exactly one extra.

I don't personally have any reason to say a port *can't* have more than one
buildd, though of course there may be reasons (resource issues) why the w-b
maintainers would object to having too many buildds connecting.

> I'd much rather have seen that point go, but that didn't happen.

Meaning you would have preferred that there not be a requirement of buildd
redundancy, or you would have preferred that there not be a limit on the
number of buildds needed to keep up?