Re: Will the amd64 port be rejected because of the 98% rule?

Le Mar 23 Août 2005 03:37, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> > In the end the decision to apply this benchmark will be manual and
> > arbitrary; it's not like a precise way to measure it really
> > matters. As stated elsewhere, at present, nobody except i386 comes
> > even close to 98%.
>
> I see an increase of amd64+source uploads once amd64 gets added to
> debian and a respective decrease for i386. Maybe that evens it out a
> bit more.

Well, IMHO, source only uploads are silly for the reason Steve ironicaly
stated in another thread. Though, I've never well understood why
packages built by the DD is *never* built by trusted buildd's.

Human error, or poluted chroot/compilation env is more likely to happen
on the developper machine than in a buildd. Maybe this has already been
discussed once, but I think that binary uploaded packages (except the
binary NMU's which are quite an exception) should be tagged as
"uploaded" (in opposition with "build by buildd" aka "built"), and
should be queued in the buildd's with a very low prioirity so that it
won't hurt the current flow of packages, but would detect some FTBFS
early.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit