Re: Will the amd64 port be rejected because of the 98% rule?

Hi,

* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) [050823 03:32]:
> On the other hand I feel that a port with even 80% of all packages
> available can be very very usefull. Even a port without any X can be
> usefull if that lack of software is intentional and not just inability
> to build something. Ports should have some disgression at what they
> put into Packages-arch-specific or Not-for-us.

It might be usefull for a certain value of usefullness, but we're not
going to release it.

> Maybe the 98% rule was just a look at
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week-big.png or
> http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week-big.png and then picking a
> number so that the archs they want in are above it. :)

No. 98% ist the number where users usually start crying to the release
team that there packages are out-of-date and if that can be ignored for
now.

Cheers,
Andi