Re: arch, svn, cvs

also sprach Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [2005.08.19.2146 +0200]:
> The list is somewhat outdated, and it doesn't reflect some things
> I've learnt since I wrote that pamphlet.

If I find the time, I will contribute my comments to help get the
page up to date. Feel free to prod me in a couple of weeks in case
I forgot.

> Greg Hudson contributes an interesting viewpoint:
>
>   <http://web.mit.edu/ghudson/thoughts/bitkeeper.whynot>

Well written, but does it contribute to our discussion here? Arch
and Baz can both be used centrally, and with a group of committers.
It might not scale as well right now, but efforts in the direction
of automated patch integration systems promise to close this gap.
See for instance the patch queue manager project[0].

0. http://web.verbum.org/arch-pqm/

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

(on the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake") btw,
both perl and python get this wrong.
perl gives 43 and python gives "42 monkeys1 snake",
when the answer is clearly "41 monkeys and 1 fat snake".
                                                         -- jim fulton